WhatsApp voice and video messaging has now landed on desktop after a long delay. Though the functionality is only confined to the dedicated Windows and iOS software, it provides consumers with simplicity and comfort.
If you’re looking for a step-by-step guide on how to make a WhatsApp voice and video call from your computer, look no further.However, there are a few dos and don’ts to be aware of before using the function.
The functionality is only available on WhatsApp Web right now, and it only deals for the Windows and Mac versions of the app.
- Currently, the function is only available for individual calls.
- At this time, group calling is not allowed.
- Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 and newer macOS 10.13 and newer are required.
- For voice and video calls, you’ll need an audio output unit and a microphone.
- Video calls require a camera.
- On both your machine and phone, you must have an active internet connection.
- To allow WhatsApp to access the microphone and camera on your computer.
How to make voice and video calls using WhatsApp on desktop
- First, make sure you have the most recent update of WhatsApp on your operating system.
- Open the software on your laptop and customize it using WhatsApp on your mobile by scanning the QR file.
- When you’re done, go to every chat window and look for the voice and video call icon in the top right corner.
- Press the voice call button to make a voice call, and the video call button to make a video call.
How to take WhatsApp voice and video calls on your desktop when you receive a call from WhatsApp, a popup window appears on your desktop. Click the receive button to welcome a call, and the disconnect button to reject.