If you’ve ever tried to save a screenshot from the popular photo and video sharing site Instagram, you’ll know that the app won’t let you.
There are now ways for users to download images that they have uploaded, but it is a bit of a challenge if you want to save photos that other users have posted.
Fortunately, there are workarounds that allow you to save Instagram images. Are you curious as to how? Follow our easy-to-follow directions.
PC with browser and internet connection
Instagram login credentials
- Log in to Instagram using your Google Chrome browser.
- Find the picture you want to save and press it.
- Select View Page Source from the context menu by right-clicking.
- In the search box, press Ctrl+F and type.jpg.
- Copy the first link with the.jpg suffix from the list.
- To open a new page, paste the URL into it.
- To save the file, right-click it.
- The image will then be copied to the computer’s local storage.