Your old messages do not immediately move over if you get a new phone and simply sign in to your WhatsApp account on it. How to move WhatsApp to new phone with transferring backups & restoring.This tutorial will show you how to move WhatsApp conversations to a new computer so you can continue where you left off.
Backup and restore of WhatsApp messages:
• Use the cloud to easily transfer WhatsApp conversations.
• Using a PC, manually transfer WhatsApp chats
• Moving WhatsApp conversations from iPhone to Android
1. Backup and restore from Google Drive
Automatic Google Drive backups are now included in newer versions of WhatsApp, making sharing your WhatsApp chat history between phones much simpler than before.
Simply go to Settings > Chats > Chat backup by tapping the three dots in the top left corner of the keyboard.
You can back up manually or set it up to backup automatically as much as you like. When you reinstall WhatsApp, it will prompt you to restore your Google Drive chats and multimedia.
Chats and friends will appear in the app immediately, while media will begin downloading in the background. This is how we turn smartphones for feedback and testing.
2. Backing up and restoring chats manually
If you haven’t yet received the Google Drive WhatsApp update or prefer to do things the old-fashioned way, creating a backup and transferring it to your new phone is still relatively easy. Simply follow these steps:
Open WhatsApp’s Settings menu, select Chats and Calls, and then select Chat backup.
If both your old and new Android phones rely on an external SD card for storage, simply back up to the SD card, then remove it from your old phone and insert it into your new one. Restore WhatsApp from your SD card to your new phone’s newly updated WhatsApp.
Connect your smartphone to your PC via USB cable for phones that save to internal memory, such as most new smartphones, and navigate to the folder WhatsApp / Database on the device’s internal memory. All backup files are saved with a date in this folder. Copy the file with the most recent creation date (it will be named differently than the automatic backups created) to a convenient location on your PC (such as your desktop).
1. Install WhatsApp on your new phone, but don’t use it!
2. Connect your new gadget to your computer with a USB cable. Since you’ve already installed WhatsApp on your new phone, the WhatsApp / Databases folder should now be present. If you don’t have a Databases folder in your WhatsApp folder, you can make one manually.
3. In this folder, paste the backup file for your WhatsApp conversation.
4. Now, on your new phone, open WhatsApp and check your phone number. You can now receive an alert that a message backup has been discovered. All you have to do now is tap Restore. All of your messages should have appeared on your new computer after a few seconds.
3. Syncing WhatsApp conversations from iPhone to Android
Please note that transferring chats from iOS to Android or vice versa is currently not possible without the use of a dubious third-party tool. iPhone users, on the other hand, can use iCloud to get their old messages on their new iPhone in the same way that Android users can use Google Drive to back up their data.
Have you tried any other approaches? Have you successfully transferred your WhatsApp data to a new phone? Please let us know in the comments section.