It’s a smart idea to use both the Street View and the Live Map with your place when looking for addresses in Google Maps. Until now, you had to alternate between the two features on a regular basis. That is no longer the case! Google Maps Live View and Street View can now be used in split-screen mode, thanks to a new update. Let’s take a look at how it’s done!
Google Maps is getting better at helping you discover new things, in addition to acting as your car’s navigation device. For example, you can now use the app’s augmented reality directions feature or rent an electric scooter.
How to enable the split-screen feature on Google Maps?
1. Of course, you must first go to Google Maps to allow split-screen viewing. Then pick the desired address or location. Simply follow the steps shown in the images below.
2. Begin Street View by pressing and holding a street or address on the 2D map for a few seconds.
3. At the bottom right of the page, you’ll see an icon with two arrows. It can be tapped.
4. The Street View picture will now be reduced to one-half of the screen, and Maps will display a live map of your current position.
5. This view makes it easier to use Street View on your smartphone. The live map now displays which streets can be used in conjunction with the 360-degree map.
By clicking on the arrow symbol, you can see Street View in its entirety once more. Starting February 1, 2021, the latest feature will be available as part of version 10.59.1. If the icon isn’t yet available in the app, you’ll have to wait for an update or import Google Maps as an APK file.
Due to the fact that StreetView is prohibited in many countries, this feature may not be accessible in all countries and regions.
What are your thoughts on the new functionality, and have you had the opportunity to use it when looking for a store or an address?